What does Democracywatch do...
Skill development training and awareness building is necessary in terms of creating employment opportunities. In this context, Bangladeshi work forces are not quite adaptable in line with the international standards. This is why skill building training should spread all over the country. Apart from the Dhaka office, Democracywatch has a branch at Mymensingh. Regular activities are also carried out in Jessore, Dinajpur, Pabna, Narail, Magura, Sirajgonj, Tangail, Nilphamari and Rangpur in some other districts in Bangladesh. Democracywatch also targets women as the core field of development in near future because we believe no development can be possible as long as the young and women are not conscious.
A sustainable democracy promoting social equity.
Democracywatch aims to establish good governance and uphold human rights through strengthening democratic institutions and the electoral process; building nationwide network of civil society organisations including NGO/CBO/Media/Trade Unions/ professional groups; sensitising stakeholders about gender and promoting rule of law.
1. Strengthen democracy and make people aware of its value and culture which protects and respects human rights and ensures good governance.
2. Establish a society that respects human rights of all, especially women, children minority marginalized and disadvantaged community
3. Ascertain free and fair electoral process through which people elect appropriate representatives for enacting right policies for propagating democratic culture for ensuring development.
4. Set up strong national and local government at all levels that are pro-people, accountable, responsive and transparent.
5. Develop conscious citizens, foster leadership quality of youth and women to become change agents for propagating social equity.
6. Eradicate poverty by creating enabling environment of transparency and accountability and developing opportunities for quality livelihood of people.